Dr. Mary F. Barber has performed over 15,000 Mohs procedures. She limits her practice to the treatment of proven skin cancer patients. New patients who need skin checks are welcomed at the Skin Cancer Center and should make an appointment to see Nurse Practitioner Mary Jane Oates, or Physician Assistant Theresa Saleh. No referral is needed.
- College – Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia; Summa Cum Laude
- Medical School – Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 1980-1984
- Dermatology Residency- Wilford Hall Medical Center Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX; Board Certified in 1988
- 9 Years Active Duty Air Force with Honorable Discharge at the rank of Major in 1993
- 1994 – Founded Ocala Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center
- 1995 – Passed certifying exam in Mohs Micrographic Surgery by the American Society of Mohs Surgeons
- Currently performing over 1000 Mohs cases per year
- 2001 – Relinquished position at Ocala Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center to establish the Skin Cancer Center of Central Florida, to better serve the needs of patients with skin cancer.